Saturday, November 24, 2007

What's Going On

Hey that last post was almost completely painless so I thought I would do another one. As I think I mentioned to most of the people who wil read this post, I am now the elders quorum president here in whitecourt but that title is somewhat misleading. This is because there is no high priests quorum here and very few active men. I have one counselor who I called last week. Thanks John for saying yes! I feel really good about the counselor that I have he is a good man with a great testimony but honestly there are not a tonne of options for a second counselor or a secretary. There are some great faithful men but for one reason or another they just don't fit the bill. So I am struggling with what to do, leave it empty? Hard to say at this point. Unfortunately because of the new calling I will not be teaching my teenage class anymore. That is kind of a bummer I really enjoyed that. Fortunately? for me my teacher for this week called me this evening and told me that he would not be there this week so I get a chance to teach, just the elders quorum. Guess thats all for now.

4 comments:

Krista said...

Well ... I didn't know you had a new calling. Good for you? It's a rock and a hard spot when you are unmoved in what to do about filling positions. Good luck with that.
Thanks for starting to blog again, it was making me sad to see your blog go neglected.

Dawn said...

hahahahahahahaha...elders quorm pres, did you go and get a pick up truck=). Good times! Good luck! for the next few years beware of phone calls from the stake presidency=)

Krista said...

Dude, one post every few months does not a blogger make you. Get to it, brother!

mom said...

just checking to see if I can use this account to comment on your blog. I think I already emailed you and said that a new calling is definitely something that comes under the category of "things I need to call my mom and tell her about" I love you mom