Friday, March 7, 2008

After All This Time

I went in to the city yesterday and did a discovery on Affidavit. It was about as boring as it sounds. Luckily the office where I did the discovery at was like right down the street from a Red Lobster SCORE!!! That was a good lunch nothing fancy just some lobster and shrimp pasta very good. Unfortunately you cannot get good (or really any) seafood in Whitecourt other than fish sticks which, I am sorry mom, but are not sea food.

When I got back to the office I found that the overhead fan in my office had not dripped water on my desk. You might think that is was a given that the overhead fan in my office would not drip on my desk, you would be mistaken. Over the past four or five days the overhead fan that sits over the left corner of my desk has occasionally dripped and occassionally gushed out water. This is not good, to give you an idea of why consider this, all that I do all day is look at paper. Some of it is stuff that I wrote some of it is stuff that somebody else wrote and wants me to read. Much of it is not copied anywhere. the stuff on my desk is the only copy of this paper in the whole world. So if it gets soaked through with water that is bad, very bad. So far nothing vital has been dripped on, cross your fingers. Interestingly this is not the only place in my office that leaks water I have a skylight? like thing behind my desk in an alcove and it will occasionally for no discerible reason begin to leak. This is not so serious because it is not over my desk and I can put a bucket under it to catch the dripping but if it drips and I do not notice it it can quickly become a big wet spot on my tile floor likely to cause me to trip and injure myself at which point I would be forced to sue my employer, the builder of the house and any safety inspectors who signed off on this weird travesty of a skylight? or whatever that thing is.

6 comments:

Krista said...

after a .... what?
Surprised someone noticed so quickly? I check here every day, dear brother - so BLOG SOMETHING!

Krista said...

lol... I probably shouldn't laugh over you suing your employer. Being a lawyer, I'm sure you'd know just how to attack from the right angle and all ... but for some reason you suing Larry just struck me as funny. No more funny than the idea of my equally klutzy brother slipping on a puddle of water he knows is there ... like I surely would.
Thanks for blogging again, I missed your ranting.
Fish sticks can't be considered as sea food as it's very likely the fish came from a holding tank. Not the sea.

Jenie said...

Eventhough I live with you, I still enjoy reading your thoughts. So keep posting!

mom said...

LOL I'm with Krista slipping on water that you KNOW is there... and I agree with Jenie too I like hearing from you even if its ranting over a little water. I know its not the water its the where. I never said fish sticks were seafood I just said EAT THEM

Dawn said...

You are wierd. That's about all I have to say. Only you could write a whole paragraph on a leaky fan. You just make me laugh.

Unknown said...

Time for your annual blog posting already? Yours was the blog that inspired me to start one of my own. Now you're almost a voice from the dust... Chemish blogged more than you (well, if they had blogs back then)...